Monday, September 19

Balance

I am now into my third week at school and finally have a little down time to sit in the stillness of my living room to reflect a little and write this blog. (Also, my remote control is broken so my first resort of relaxing with some tele is not an option.) The first two weeks has been absolutely crazy, working 12+ hours for 14 days straight (weekends included). During those beginning weeks of school, my sight has been solely focused on school and I lost all peripheral vision for the other aspects of my life - church, family, relationships. 

I am gradually emerging from my tunnel vision and teeter tottering my way through life right now until things settle down a bit more and I can find the right balance. I wish I could just end here with that sentence, which will buy me some time. But I know very well that things will probably never settle down fully except for some intermittent down time. So it will take some self-discipline and a change in perspective to create that much desired balance instead of waiting for it to stop me in my tracks. 

Ironically, reprioritizing or eliminating something on my current to-do list will not alleviate the stress but will probably increase it because I have to reprioritize and eliminate something on my pressing to-do list. Instead, I'm reminded that I actually have to add a missing component in my life that has also been shunned by my tunnel vision - God. My catchphrase in college used to be: "God is always on my mind, but never on my agenda". I like Nike's catchphrase better: "JUST DO IT". 

Jesus, I need you now. 

1 comment:

  1. you are strong, smart, and smokin' hot. you will get through this. triple threat!

    ReplyDelete