Wednesday, August 17

The Truth


I revisited a women's blog and this was the entry posted on my birthdate.

I think this can be an encouragement/reminder to all, not just women. I mentioned in a previous entry (the few entries I've posted..) how I fall victim to the manipulation of my mind. And apparently I'm not the only one.

In your mind, you see a failure, a hypocrite, a nobody, a loser... You've submerged yourself in this pool of self-deprecation and even when others speak truth into a megaphone to convince you otherwise, the sound is muffled and you're left to your own interpretation. You then believe others view you just the same. That's not true. You forget that God created you in his own image and said it was good. You forget that your worth is not based on your possessions, achievements, or attractiveness, but it is based on being made in God's image. Come out of the pool, take a breath of fresh air, and drench yourself in the ocean of God's truth, promise, love, and goodness.

The truth is... in God's heart you are forgiven, renewed, loved, pursued, talented, good looking, awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment