Saturday, February 19

Valentine's Day Bliss

I started my v-day super early at school to receive a delivery of 6 dozen fresh carnations for our annual v-day flower gram. The senior student council officers and I spent the morning organizing red (to someone you love), pink (to a friend), and white (to a secret admirer) carnations for delivery. If you're over celebrating v-day, step inside a high school and you'll instantly get caught up in the excitement, anticipation, and romance that saturates the hallways and classrooms. I love asking my female students who they received that teddy bear and bouquet from and watching them blush and answer bashfully, "my boyfriend..". I also love teasing my male students by asking (err..demanding), "where are my chocolate and flowers??" as they enter the classroom. :] My favorite was when I asked a student if he was doing anything for his girlfriend after school, to which he smiled and replied: "I'm taking her to Subway". I laughed because I just wasn't expecting that response, but then again what did I expect him to say? It was a perfectly fine, and appropriate, response. The image of them sharing a $5 footlong sub and maybe a chocolate chip cookie while giggling and smooching (as they always do in class) is so innocent, sweet, and romantic in their own way. 


Then came Ms. Choi's turn to giggle.. a dozen roses from my boyfriend :)


I quickly, but carefully, set up the bouquet in the vase and rushed to Jon's place. I have been patiently waiting (dying!!) to give him my gift! 

Collage Mouse Pad

Jon had ordered my gift on the day of because he wanted my stamp of approval. But he didn't even need to check with me first because it was perfect. I LOVED it.
 He presented the gift to me last night when it arrived..
wearmejewels.com

Sworovski Pearl - Two Peas in a Pod Necklace
and..
  
Sworoski Pearl Ring - Peapod Green

So why a pea pod? It started with a casual statment: "We're two peas in a pod" ..which eventually became our nicknames for each other. More than just any piece of sparkly jewelry, I love this gift so much more because of its sentiment and the thought Jon put into picking out something that represents us.

After the gift/card exchange, we headed over to our dinner reservation (made a month in advance!) at Anteprima. This is an authentic Italian restaurant (my fave) with a nice and cozy ambience. 


Every aspect of the night was simply enjoyable.. from the delicious wine and  food to eaves dropping on the conversation of a couple on their first date, speaking in Korean to confirm if the two men dining to my left were gay ("How do you say gay in Korean".."Gay-ee"), creating new inside jokes ("This is real Italian!"), and taking silly pictures ("Now do a sexy pose"..."That's not sexy"). 

I felt like we were two teenagers in love amongst a room full of grown up couples. We were in our own little pod and enjoying it. In the middle of snapping pictures of each other and giggling, a man from a few grownup tables away from us came over and offered to take a picture for us. Apparently we weren't the only ones couple watching. We happly obliged and posed.


Bliss

1 comment:

  1. That was a real Italian post! Straight from Italy. Good job pea.

    ReplyDelete