Monday, February 14

Crazy Love

I've been putting off this first post for quite some time. And with the passing of each day, there are just too many thoughts I've accumulated and I can't seem to find the words to spew onto this blog in one sitting. However, there has been one thing that has been resonating in my mind lately ever since I started the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan. 

Francis starts out the first chapter by introducing God as Creator - the creator of trillions of galaxies and millions of diverse and complex species that inhabit the Earth. A fitting response to a God so divine, majestic, and big would be to stand in silence, in awe reverence, and just worship Him as we marvel at His unfathomable magnificence.

He then goes onto unraveling the more defining characteristics of God. God is all-knowing. This is the part that stuck with me. It's an intimidating thought at first, but then I found such immense solace in this attribute of God. There is a dichotomous marriage in the meaning behind this truth. The fact that nothing is hidden and everything is revealed before God's eyes generally trigger a sense of fear and shame in most of us. I'm not saying that I'm no exception, but I also find comfort in the fact that God knows me so intimately - more than I know myself. He knows my every thought before I think them, my every silent tear that I cry and what released them, my joys, my insecurities, my weaknesses.. He knows who I am and loves me regardless.

As much as I love to talk at times (and less prone to listen as I've been told), when it comes to sharing my feelings I'm a mute more often than not. I have been so accustomed to bottling up my emotions and thoughts. Sometimes I can't put into words what I'm feeling and why I'm feeling that way. Often times I can fool others, friends and family, of my true self but I can't fool God. God hears/knows my crazy thoughts, my pleas, and my heartaches without me having to explain them. I sometimes feel like a cavewoman making an attempt to communicate my feelings, but the best I can do are sounds of grunts and sighs. I then retreat to my cave wishing the other party was a mind reader. Tomorrow I shall try again. Yet in the stillness and darkness of my cave, God is there.

It's crazy because in this universe amongst all the millions and trillions of galaxies, God sees me and chooses to zoom in on my little cave.

It's crazy because with the passing of each day of not meeting with Him, He waits for me with loving arms wide open.

It's crazy because even when my faith grows weary and the extent of my prayer life is frustrated grunts at Him, He covers me with His grace and whispers still in my ear.

Crazy love...of God.

1 comment:

  1. God is so good! It's a relief that there is someone that knows us inside and out from the beginning without having to spend time with us to get to know us b/c He already knows. God wants us to spend time with Him so that WE can know Him more.

    ReplyDelete