I have been contemplating on what I should give up for Lent, or if I should even give up anything at all. Instead of taking the traditional route of fasting from something, this year I decided to add something to my life for 40 days: positive thinking.
This really is a conscious effort. The mind is such a powerful tool that I often fall victim to its manipulation. Instead of letting my mind take a hold of me, I need to take active steps to interject when my thoughts wander further from the line that separates falsity from reality. Ha. This sounds like an intro to my own self-help book. Simply put, in order to think positively, I need to be mindful of what I dwell on. This way of doing will hopefully become a way of being.
We all know change doesn't happen overnight, and that guy in the cartoon shares my sentiment today. :T
7For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he" - proverbs 23:7

No comments:
Post a Comment